I wrote a blog post a couple of weeks ago and somehow never pushed the ‘publish’ button; such is life these days. I don’t have much time to blog and when I do I find myself flip-flopping around about what I should say, so it ends up sitting there until I write a blog post later that I do find acceptable. Oh but there have been so many good things recently that I have been meaning to tell you about: like Baby VP’s sudden ability to sit up unaided, or the baby-led-weaning thing that is just so much fun (and also SO messy!).
So as I can’t sit down to write long-form, I’ll use bullet-points to illustrate the Good Things going on right now:
- The days getting longer again. I am extremely glad to see the back end of winter, let me tell you. Even if they do keep mentioning the s-word and ‘Arctic winds’ on the news.
- Plum blossom on the trees in town… even if it has been there since January (crazy).
- Hawthorn leaves out at the beginning of February… even crazier.
- This song, after not hearing it for ages.
- Oh and this one too. Mad Rush – I didn’t know the meaning of the concept until recently.
- And for you Iceland-lovers, the official release of this song that I mentioned ages ago.
- The bed-time routine: a golden hour of giggles and books and baths.
- Our newest gadget: a Canon Selphy CP910 printer so I can finally get going with the ProjectLife set that Mr VP got me for my birthday last year.
- Daffodils and Welsh cakes; it is St David’s Day after all.
- Watching our neighbour’s bird boxes come to life again with regular sprucing-up visits from prospective great tits.
- Seeing a cormorant in the middle of town and a whole v-shaped flying formation of curlews along the coast.
- … not to mention a robin and a heron…
- Baby VP’s first proper beachy walks. The best days ever.