Following hot on the heels of my seagull, I spent a couple of hours over the bank holiday weekend playing with smaller, more fiddly stamps. It was lovely having a bit of creative energy again and I could tell I was using bits of my brain that I hadn’t for a while. I started out with a hand and a supposed-to-be-cherry blossom before moving on to a feather, another hand, an ash leaf and a funky carrot. I’m quite pleased with the results! Plus seven stamps over three days is pretty good going :)
I’m certainly finding it a challenge to master the art of tight corners while cutting the lino (my tools are not high-end, and some need sharpening) so I’ll keep on trying to improve that. I am also having some difficulties with the ink; it’s the right stuff (water-based high-tack EssDee printing ink) but I think something’s going wrong between the amount of ink, the rolling and the paper it’s being printed onto. I seem to get better results using thinner paper and ink pads (like you’d use for card making) rather than the proper ink. It’s obviously something I’m doing wrong and which will get better with practise!